Accessibility Tools

The Collection of Flags and Signal Flags is one of the most numerous collections in the Museum's holdings. The oldest items in it are the flag of the war and merchant navy of Austria-Hungary and the flag of the Pelješac Maritime Society, both from the second half of the 19th century.

From the period of the partisan war at sea from 1941 to 1945, the Croatian Maritime Museum in Split is the only museum in Croatia to own two flags from partisan ships from the Makarska region dating to 1942. These flags were used before the establishment of the official flags of the war and merchant navies of the new, socialist Yugoslavia in December 1943.

Since the items in it were mostly inherited from the Yugoslav Military and Naval Museum, it is understandable that almost the entire sub-collection consists of naval flags, command flags, pennants and rank flags of ships of the former Yugoslavia.

A special sub-collection also consists of flags and table flags of shipping companies, from the flag of Jadranska plovidba d.d. from Sušak dating to the first half of the 20th century to the new flag of Splitska plovidba d.d., designed in independent Croatia.

Collection manager: Daniela Kušpilić, curator

1.png7.png7.png5.png8.png0.png
Today0
Yesterday0
This week0
This month0
Total177580

Who Is Online

1
Online

15-06-2024

Search

KOLAČIĆI (COOKIES) Pravila o kolačićima